This Deep Dish Pizza Crust Recipe is the perfect pizza crust when you want a Chicago Style Pizza that has the winning combination of both chewy and flaky textures. Now you can enjoy a pizza night with the family by making your own deep dish pizza crust without having to head into the city to pick it up.
I usually start making my deep dish pizza crust dough in the early afternoon to allow it plenty of time to rise before baking it in the evening. Once you make this deep dish pizza crust, you will see how easy it is as well as how delicious it is and it will become a part of your regular dinner rotation.
I love pizza night, it is the night I look forward to all week long. Pizza night is Friday night at our house so we are also looking forward to the weekend and a break from the workweek, which makes pizza night even more important around here.
I begin making this deep dish pizza crust in the early afternoon using my mixer and dough hook attachment. You can make this without a stand mixer if you want but it will take a lot of muscle so I prefer this method.
Start this deep dish pizza dough recipe by dissolving yeast in warm water inside of a mixing bowl. Let it dissolve for about 5 minutes and then using the paddle attachment, mix the yeast and water together. Add the oil and salt then mix everything together. Then you will add flour in and beat for about five minutes. The flour will thicken the dough a lot but it will be really sticky so keep that in mind.
Next, remove the paddle attachment and add the dough hook. Add melted butter to the deep dish pizza dough.
Let the dough hook knead the pizza dough for another five minutes. Add dough to an oiled bowl and allow to rise for about three hours.
Press the dough into an oiled springform pan and then pile your sauce, cheese, and toppings on top. Bake this deep dish pizza at 500 degrees until the edges are golden brown, which will take about 20-25 minutes.
Do you enjoy pizza night with your family? If so, this deep dish pizza crust should be next on your list of recipes to try out.
Just look at that deep dish pizza crust…yum! Don’t forget to save this for later and share on your favorite social media then after trying it, let me know your thoughts on this Deep Dish Pizza Crust Recipe by commenting below.
If you are looking for a deep dish pizza crust recipe for someone with a gluten sensitivity or you just want a lower carb version of this delicious deep dish pizza, this gluten-free deep dish pizza recipe is the next best thing!
- 1/4 ounce of yeast/ 1 envelope
- 1 cup of warm water
- 1/8 cup of oil plus a drizzle for cooking the deep dish pizza dough & letting it rise
- 2 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of melted butter
- Dissolve yeast in the warm water inside of a mixing bowl. Let dissolve for about 5 minutes and then using the paddle attachment, mix the yeast and water together. Add the oil and salt then mix everything together.
- Add flour in and beat for about five minutes.
- The flour will thicken the dough but it will be sticky.
- Next, remove the paddle attachment and add the dough hook.
- Add melted butter to the deep dish pizza dough.
- Let the dough hook knead the pizza dough for another five minutes.
- Add dough to an oiled bowl and allow to rise for about three hours.
- Press the dough into an oiled spring form pan and bake at 500 degrees until the edges are golden brown, about 20-25 minutes.