These scratch vanilla cupcakes are so easy to make and perfectly moist that it almost seems wrong not to share them. This recipe makes 24 deliciously moist vanilla cupcakes with plenty of cream cheese frosting to pile on top.
Both the vanilla cupcakes and the cream cheese frosting are simple to recreate as well as unbelievably delicious. They work perfectly together and also are great separately. These cupcakes are delicious with chocolate, strawberry, or even buttercream frosting but in my opinion, nothing beats the combination of this cream cheese frosting on these vanilla cupcakes!
My family loved these cupcakes so much that they disappeared in less than 24 hours. There are only three of us and there were 24 of these cupcakes so it’s safe to say that these were a hit! I will definitely be making these again soon because they are so easy to whip up and obviously delicious!
I love simple recipes that don’t take all day to create, these vanilla cupcakes can be made in under 30 minutes.
I just threw all of the ingredients for the vanilla cupcakes into a mixer and once they were completely mixed together, I poured the batter into cupcake liners.
It really is that easy, no need for a bunch of unnecessary steps, I like to keep my recipes simple and delicious. I just don’t have the time it takes to wait for this ingredient to settle before adding in that ingredient. I don’t want to add in one egg at a time and then mix each one separately.
That doesn’t mean that this recipe could be better if there was more steps or time put in, it really couldn’t be more perfect. These vanilla cupcakes are perfectly moist and delicious, there really is no room for improvement.
I am way too impatient for that kind of nonsense, I just throw all of the eggs in and mix them at the same time. This recipe works well the way I do it so I don’t even bother trying to jazz it up to make it seem fancier than it is, it’s just simply delicious.
You probably have all of the ingredients on hand to make these vanilla cupcakes tonight. They are made from deliciously simple ingredients like flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, milk, oil, vanilla, eggs, and water. The frosting is even easier to make consisting of just a brick of cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter, and vanilla blended together to create the perfect cream cheese frosting.
You can whip up the cream cheese frosting while the cupcakes are baking or while they are cooling off. It’s best to let them cool completely before frosting the cupcakes. Personally, I like them best once they have been refrigerated for a couple of hours and so does the rest of my family. Although I watched this crew shovel 24 cupcakes down their throats in less than 24 hours so I wouldn’t put it past them to eat one straight out of the oven. Sometimes you just can’t wait!
Let me know what you thought of these Scratch Vanilla Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting by leaving a comment below and show your appreciation for this delicious recipe by sharing on your favorite social media channels. Don’t forget to follow The Hobby Wife on social media and subscribe to the newsletter so you never miss a delicious and simple recipe.
- 2 1/2 Cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon of Salt
- 1 and 3/4 Cups of Sugar
- 3 Teaspoons of Baking Powder
- 1 Cup of Milk
- 1/2 Cups of Vegetable Oil
- 1 and a 1/2 Tablespoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 Cup of Water
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 Stick of Butter
- 8 Ounces of Cream Cheese
- 3 1/2 Cups of Powdered Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
- In a mixer using the paddle attachment, mix all of the dry ingredients together. If you don't have a mixer, you can use a spoon to mix everything together, it will just take more effort. Add in the wet ingredients and then mix all of the wet and dry ingredients together. Batter will be pretty thin and care should be taken when pouring it into cupcake liners. Fill each liner about 3/4 full and bake in preheated oven for for about 15-17 minutes. Insert a toothpick into center of cupcake and when it comes out clean, the cupcakes are done.
- Allow to cool while whipping up frosting.
- Mix softened cream cheese and butter then add in powdered sugar and vanilla until well combined. Gob the frosting onto the cupcakes without worrying about running out, there is plenty to pile it high on 24 cupcakes.
- Serve and enjoy.